Sunday, September 11, 2011

Face Lift!

As you may have noticed, The Lit Quest has just received a much-needed face lift.  I have recently passed the 1 year anniversary of my blog, and I never expected what it has become for me.  I began this blog on a whim, not knowing if I would even keep it up or use it.  However, I knew that literature is the one topic about which I will never run out of things to say.  Once you're out of college, it's more difficult to maintain the thoughtful reading and discussion that used to be such a regular part of life, and I thought I might try this out.  I remember my excitement when my first couple of followers joined the site, and each new person felt like a huge milestone.  Now, I actually feel like I'm friends with some of you, and I still read every comment with eagerness and appreciation.  With many of you, I am reading your book suggestions and following your blogs too, and I love feeling like we're in a shared community.

So I want to thank you all for welcoming me into the book blogging community with such open arms.  I love being a part of the blog hops and various online events.  I love it when you add your opinions and suggestions, and I have learned so much from what you all have to say.  If you've been following this blog at all, you probably know me pretty well.  It's clear I love somewhat dark, psychological novels as well as lots of Russian literature.  But I have also been surprised by books I didn't think I would like at all, and I do believe that this journey is simply a life-long quest to be well read.  I may not always write very regularly, but I do want to keep it up.  Moreover, it has become important to me for my basic, gnawing need to write.

Finally, I am very pleased to be able to reformat the look of my blog in this one-year mark, for I think it represents the way it has grown and developed in my own thinking and approach to it.  I must absolutely credit my good friend Abigail Solberg, who created this design.  She is a very talented designer, and I encourage you to check out her website at www.fatalmond.tumblr.com.

4 comments:

Rebecca Chapman said...

Love the new design Amy. I for one am looking forward to reading your blog for many more years :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on one year! The blog looks great. :-)

Anonymous said...

I really like the new design. Congrats on getting through year one so successfully!

Amy said...

Thanks, everyone!!